البليهي ينتظر قرار جيسوس    دوري روشن المحطة الجديدة؟ دي بروين يرحل عن مانشستر سيتي    إمام المسجد الحرام: الثبات على الطاعة بعد رمضان من علامات قبول العمل    إمام المسجد النبوي: الأعمال الصالحة لا تنقطع بانقضاء المواسم    بلدية رأس تنورة تختتم فعاليات عيد الفطر المبارك بحضور أكثر من 18 ألف زائر    المملكة تدين وتستنكر بأشد العبارات للتصعيد الإسرائيلي في الأراضي الفلسطينية المحتلة    طيف التوحد... لغز العصر الحديث وهمّ الإنسانية    نائب أمير مكة يدشّن معرض "في محبة خالد الفيصل" في جدة    رابطةُ العالم الإسلامي تُدين الغارات الإسرائيلية على الأراضي السورية    أمطار رعدية على معظم مناطق المملكة    جمعية «شريان» بجازان تعايد مرضى مستشفى الأمير بن ناصر    رؤية متكاملة لتنظيم سوق العقار    العماد والغاية    ماجد بن سعود الشعيفاني عريساً    حظوظ «الأخضر» في التأهل تزداد    نيوكاسل.. التجربة المفرحة    إقبال كبير على الجناح السعودي في معرض بولونيا الدولي للكتاب    قوميز في مؤتمر صحفي: جاهزون لمواجهة الفيحاء وهدفنا تحقيق الفوز    نهضة وازدهار    شكراً ملائكة الإنسانية    النوم أقل من سبع ساعات يوميًا يرفع من معدل الإصابة بالسمنة    بريد القراء    جزر فرسان.. طبيعة وفعاليات بحرية    ولي العهد والرئيس الإيراني يبحثان في اتصال هاتفي تطورات الأحداث في المنطقة    حرب «المسيّرات» تكلفة رخيصة للمهاجمين وخسارة كبيرة للمدافعين    المَلّة والعريكة.. تزينان موائد عيد الطائف    وسط إقبال كبير.. «الترفيه» تصنع المسرح    «ستاندرد اند بورز» يخسر 2.4 تريليون دولار من قيمته السوقية    فرع هيئة الصحفيين بحفر الباطن يقيم حفل معايدة للإعلاميين والإعلاميات بالفرع    تشيلسي يفوز على توتنهام ويعود للمركز الرابع    مدرب الأهلي "يايسله" قبل مواجهة الاتحاد: لانخاف من أي منافس ولن أتحدث عن تفاصيل المباراة    نائب أمير الرياض يعزي زبن بن عمير في وفاة والده    حرس الحدود بجازان يحبط تهريب (45) كجم "حشيش"    نجوم الفن العربي يتألقون في ليلة دايم السيف اليوم بجدة    السعودية تدين وتستنكر الغارات الإسرائيلية التي استهدفت 5 مناطق مختلفة في سوريا    الملك وولي العهد يعزيان عضو المجلس الأعلى حاكم أم القيوين في وفاة والدته    مركز 911 يستقبل أكثر من 2.8 مليون مكالمة في مارس الماضي    نفاذ نظامي السجل التجاري والأسماء التجارية ابتداءً من اليوم    المملكة تستضيف "معرض التحول الصناعي 2025" في ديسمبر المقبل    المملكة تدين اقتحام وزير الأمن القومي الإسرائيلي للمسجد الأقصى    العثور على رجل حي تحت الأنقاض بعد 5 أيام من زلزال ميانمار    ودعنا رمضان.. وعيدكم مبارك    أكثر من 122 مليون قاصدٍ للحرمين الشريفين في شهر رمضان    الجيش اللبناني يغلق معبَرين غير شرعيَّين مع سوريا    المملكة تحقِّق أرقاماً تاريخية جديدة في قطاع السياحة    الدول الثماني الأعضاء في مجموعة أوبك بلس يؤكدون التزامهم المشترك بدعم استقرار السوق البترولية    الأونكتاد: سوق الذكاء الاصطناعي يقترب من 5 تريليونات دولار    بلدية محافظة الأسياح تحتفي بعيد الفطر وتنشر البهجة بين الأهالي    بلدية محافظة الشماسية تحتفل بعيد الفطر المبارك    الدفاع المدني: استمرار هطول الأمطار الرعدية على معظم مناطق المملكة حتى الاثنين المقبل    أكثر من 30 فعالية في (٨) مواقع تنثر الفرح على سكان تبوك وزوارها    وزارة الصحة الأمريكية تبدأ عمليات تسريح موظفيها وسط مخاوف بشأن الصحة العامة    ترحيب سعودي باتفاق طاجيكستان وقرغيزستان وأوزبكستان    طيفُ التوحدِ همٌ أُمَمِي    محافظ الطوال يؤدي صلاة عيد الفطر المبارك في جامع الوزارة ويستقبل المهنئين    باحثون روس يطورون طريقة لتشخيص التليف الكيسي من هواء الزفير    جمعية " كبار " الخيرية تعايد مرضى أنفاس الراحة    الأمير سعود بن نهار يستقبل المهنئين بعيد الفطر    







شكرا على الإبلاغ!
سيتم حجب هذه الصورة تلقائيا عندما يتم الإبلاغ عنها من طرف عدة أشخاص.



Yemen's Saleh offers handover to 'safe hands'
نشر في الرياض يوم 25 - 03 - 2011

President Ali Abdullah Saleh said he would only hand over power to "safe hands," in a defiant speech to massed supporters on Friday, after talks with a top defector failed to defuse Yemen's crisis.
"We will stand firm ... steadfast in the face of all challenges," Saleh, wearing a suit and sunglasses and confidently waving his right hand, told vast crowds in Sanaa.
With Yemen's two-month-old political crisis in limbo, tensions ran high and security forces were out in large numbers amid fears of a repetition of a Sanaa bloodbath a week earlier that cost more than 50 lives.
"We don't need power. We need to hand it over to safe hands, and not to corrupt and hateful hands ... You are the ones who will be handed power," Yemen's strongman said, triggering massive applause.
The president, whose concessions and offers to stand down early have been snubbed by the opposition, renewed his invitation for youths at the forefront of the protests to join a dialogue.
"I am ready to talk to you and to form a political party for the youths," said Saleh, 69, who has ruled Yemen for more than 30 years.
In behind-the-scenes talks aimed at averting more bloodshed, Saleh and top dissident General Ali Mohsen al-Ahmar, considered the second strongest man in Yemen, failed to strike a deal on Thursday night, the two sides said.
Ahmar, a regional army commander who has vowed to defend the protesters, is leading efforts to form a transitional council grouping all sides, according to sources close to the secret negotiations.
With hundreds of thousands of rival demonstrators on Sanaa's streets, soldiers fired warning shots to prevent loyalists whipped up by Saleh's speech attacking anti-regime protesters on Friday, the Muslim day of prayers and rest.
There were no reports of casualties at the demonstrations.
Tens of thousands of people also demonstrated against Saleh in south Yemen's port city of Aden, witnesses said, with similar protests held in the southern provinces of Shabwa and Lahij.
The rallies followed the bloodbath in Sanaa on March 18 when 52 protesters were gunned down by Saleh loyalists, drawing widespread international condemnation and a spate of defections from within his ruling circle.
The anti-Saleh protesters were on Friday gathered at a square near Sanaa University where they have been camped since February 21, while regime loyalists crowded a nearby square in response to calls from the president.
"The people want Ali Abdullah Saleh," his supporters shouted.
With rival military units, also split by the political crisis, Salah late on Thursday vowed to defend himself by "all possible means" and urged army officers who defected to return to the fold.
"We are determined to preserve the security, independence and stability of Yemen by all possible means," he told army and police officers at a meeting broadcast on state television.
Deserted by long-time military, political, tribal and clerical backers, Saleh has dubbed the show of solidarity a "Friday of Tolerance," countering the pro-change slogans of demonstrators around the Arab world.
On Wednesday, parliament voted for a state of emergency declared by Saleh just hours after the March 18 slaughter in Sanaa. In theory, the measure outlaws demonstrations and would allow the regime to gag the media.
The opposition has said it will hold off until the following Friday, April 1, to march on the presidential palace for what many fear could prove a bloody final showdown.
Saleh has offered his foes a deal on forming a unity government, drawing up a new electoral law, holding a legislative poll, and to step down in favour of a successor to be chosen by newly-elected MPs by the end of 2011.
Under the weight of protests, which Amnesty said has cost 95 lives in clashes with security forces, the president is offering to step down 20 months earlier than September 2013 when his latest seven-year term comes to a close.
But opposition sources say the time for concessions from the president is over and that behind-the-scenes consultations have been taking place for a peaceful transition of power to a post-Saleh era.


انقر هنا لقراءة الخبر من مصدره.